There are so many ways that chamber members can become involved in the Youngsville Chamber. Join one of our committees today! For more information, contact our Executive Director, Jessica Willis email@example.com or browse the list of committees below and see if any of these volunteer opportunities would be a perfect fit for you!
Economic Development Committee
-Chair, Michael Williams
Economic Development Goals & Objectives:
- Reduce unemployment, achieve economic stability, and increase the standard of living for all citizens.
- Build a highly skilled, flexible workforce.
- Concentrate on retaining and expanding existing local businesses.
- Increase the number of small firms within the region by fostering local entrepreneurship.
- To recruit businesses that are suited to the region, require a highly skilled work force or are willing to train an entry-level work force and are experiencing growth.
- Identify the economic needs of the chronically unemployed and underemployed in the region and encourage programming – including education and retraining — to meet those needs.
- Promote and encourage preservation of the region’s historic assets.
- Strengthen the local tax base.
- Establish and maintain housing and transportation, communication, and utility systems which support and foster quality development.
- Strengthen, maintain, and continually upgrade technology infrastructure and systems, and provide adequate access and capacity for current and anticipated needs.
- Provide an adequate supply of vacant, development-ready land for commercial industrial use.
Be a part of the committee dynamic committee comprised of city and chamber executives working on business and economic expansion in the city of Youngsville. For more info, contact the chamber office today!
-Chair, LaSonja Dunbar
Every year, the chamber hosts its annual banquet which features local culinary delicacies, guest speakers and announces the new Leadership Youngsville class. The annual banquet has at least 250 attendees and has grown in attendance every year. If you are interested in serving on the 2022 banquet committee, contact us today!
Leadership Youngsville Committee
-Chair, Jonathan Pearce
The Leadership Youngsville Program is a concept that was originally part of Vision 2020 created by the Youngsville Chamber in 2013, as well as a result of the City of Youngsville and the Youngsville Chamber joining forces in 2019 with a mission to identify and educate emerging community leaders on challenges and growth within the city of Youngsville, LA.
The city of Youngsville is comprised of an engaging and active community, both in business and with its residents. The city and chamber work together to create an environment where community leadership can flourish.
During the sessions, candidates will have the opportunity to meet with local and regional leaders to examine issues of critical importance to the city of Youngsville. Site visits, roundtables, group discussions, and hands-on applications allow for active engagement. The Leadership Youngsville program offers participants access to an extraordinary network of area leaders and a unique opportunity to strengthen leadership skills within a growing community. Ideally, committee members have participated in the program. For more information visit LeadershipYoungsville.com or contact the chamber office today!
-Chair, Jamie Creed
The Ambassador Committee assists in various activities including Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies, Grand Openings, Sweet Life After 5, and many other activities. Be a part of a fun and exciting committee that welcomes every new business to the city.
Swingin’ Fore the Sweet Life
-Chair David Bares
In 2021, the Youngsville Chamber of Commerce hosted its first Annual Swingin’ Fore the Sweet Life golf tournament Friday, November 5, 2021 at Les Vieux Chenes. The event was a tremendous success and the chamber plans to host the golf tournament again. Contact the chamber office for more info!
Shop the Sweet Life Committee
Shop the Sweet Life was created in 2016 to coincide with Small Business Saturday, which is a national event that brings awareness to the importance of supporting local businesses for the holiday season! This event is free for Youngsville Chamber members and $25.00 fee for non-members of the Youngsville Chamber of Commerce.
Our goal is to promote shopping local businesses and shopping Youngsville first throughout the holiday season. Interested in being a part of this fun committee? Contact the chamber office today!