Introducing Leadership Youngsville:
The Leadership Youngsville Program is a concept that was originally part of Vision 2020 created by the Youngsville Chamber in 2013, as well as a result of the City of Youngsville and the Youngsville Chamber joining forces in 2019 with a mission to identify and educate emerging community leaders on challenges and growth within the city of Youngsville, LA.
Ideal applicants selected should possess ONE of the following:
- LIVE in Youngsville
- WORK in Youngsville
- OWN A BUSINESS in Youngsville
- BE A YOUNGSVILLE CHAMBER MEMBER
2021 Leadership Youngsville Class II
The Youngsville Chamber of Commerce and The City of Youngsville has announced the class participants in Leadership Youngsville Class II. This comes just one year since COVID-19 delayed the rollout of Class II. We are excited for the participants of this year's class!
Leadership Youngsville Class II:
John (J.D.) Boudreaux
Kenneth (Kenny) B. Richey
Below are the dates and session topics for our upcoming classes:
- Wednesday, April 14th – Team Building with Adventures in Reality
- Tuesday, May 11th – Legislative Day
- Wednesday, June 16th – SIMSOC
- Friday, July 30th – Sports & Tourism, Mustang World Series
- Wednesday, August 18th – Public Safety with Youngsville Police & Fire Dept.
- Wednesday, September 22nd – History & Future of Youngsville/Business Development
- Wednesday, October 20th – Master Plan & Public Works/Drainage & Infrastructure
- Wednesday, November 17th – Education
- Thursday, December 2nd – Graduation
About the Leadership Youngsville Program
Applicants should live within Lafayette Parish and have an interest in learning about the city of Youngsville. The class will consist of 8 sessions from April – December. Program tuition is $500 for participants. Payment for the program must be made by check or credit card. Once selected, applicants may pay by credit card or mail a check to the Youngsville Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 219 Youngsville, LA 70592. Payment must be paid in full to the Youngsville Chamber of Commerce and be received no later than Friday, April 2, 2021.
Cultivating and Growing Leadership
The city of Youngsville is comprised of an engaging and active community, both in business and with its residents. The city and chamber want to create an environment where community leadership can flourish.
During the sessions, candidates will have the opportunity to meet with local and regional leaders to examine issues of critical importance to the city of Youngsville. Site visits, roundtables, group discussions, and hands-on applications allow for active engagement. The Leadership Youngsville program offers participants access to an extraordinary network of area leaders and a unique opportunity to strengthen leadership skills within a growing community.
Application Process for Ideal Candidates
In 2020, the city of Youngsville and Youngsville Chamber decided not to proceed with the leadership program because of the unique hands on style of the program. This year, we have decided to move forward with Leadership Youngsville Class II. The 2020 applicants have been invited to participate in the 2021 leadership program. We will be announcing the 2021 Leadership Youngsville Class II soon.
- Leadership Youngsville Committee Chair will notify all selected applicants no later than Friday, March 19, 2021.
- Tuition must be submitted to Youngsville Chamber of Commerce by Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Class II will be recognized at the Annual Youngsville Chamber Banquet, Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
- All applications will be reviewed and applicants will be selected by the Leadership Youngsville Committee. Only two session absences are permitted in order to graduate.
Graduates complete the program December and are honored at the December Youngsville Chamber Graduation & Christmas Social.
Topics will include:
- Legislative Day
- Public Safety
- City's Master Plan and Public Works
- Team Building
- Youngsville Sports Complex & Tourism, Attend Mustang World Series
- History of Youngsville & Future of Youngsville/Business Development
Selected Leadership Youngsville class will be able to attend:
- Breakfast of Champions & Opening Day Ceremonies, Mustang World Series
- Youngsville Chamber Christmas Social & LY Graduation
Session times run approximately from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. and may start earlier or run later. Some sessions may include a full day and others may include half day sessions. Locations vary based on the session topic but will be primarily in Youngsville. Lunch will be included for full day sessions. Tours of some facilities will be included. Out of town travel for the day may also be included.
Expectations of Graduates
Applicants to Leadership Youngsville will be expected to become active participants in advancing the community and making a positive contribution to the city of Youngsville post-graduation. Class members are allowed to miss no more than 2 absences to be eligible to graduate.
Graduates may serve as session leaders or become part of Leadership Youngsville Committee for the following year’s Leadership Youngsville Class. Leadership Youngsville graduates are expected to be active participants in the committees which make up the Alumni Association’s programs and activities throughout the year. You will also be known as a Brand Ambassador for the city of Youngsville and will remain as active as possible regarding city initiatives.
Check out this video on Leadership Youngsville Class I
As a sponsor, you will be aligning your organization’s brand and reputation as one that is committed to building a better community through leadership development.
Leadership Youngsville Class II Attended Legislative Day at the Louisiana State Capitol, May 11, 2021.
Leadership Youngsville Class I Attended Legislative Day at the Louisiana State Capitol, May 7, 2019.